Main purpose of the job:
Staff will be involved with all aspects of work relating to the production of field grown seedlings, trees or Container grown plants. This may include; land preparation, planting, potting, sowing, cultivating, plant handling, weed, pest and disease control, watering and feeding. Resulting in the growth of high-quality plants for our customers.
Roles & Duties
Undertake duties which require specific skills if trained to do so, to include but not limited to;
- Learn within your own processes plant recognition, quality observance, plant health, sizing requirements, working systems and production outputs as required.
- Respect and follow stock control systems in place to provide accurate figures within the system
- Prepare, handle and process plants for despatch within the guidelines given
- Help the Company to protect the health of yourself and others
- If specific role requires, mentor, train and supervise others
- Be prepared to transfer and assist all other parts of the business as required
We have three new apprenticeship positions available; if you think a Horticulture apprenticeship would interest you, then please click the button below and apply via the .gov website.
For any questions, please contact our Head of Production at email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0) 1507 525000