Main purpose of the job:
Staff will be involved with all aspects of work relating to the production of field grown seedlings, trees or Container grown plants. This may include; land preparation, planting, potting, sowing, cultivating, plant handling, weed, pest and disease control, watering and feeding. Resulting in the growth of high-quality plants for our customers.
Roles & Duties
Undertake duties which require specific skills if trained to do so, to include but not limited to;
- Learn within your own processes plant recognition, quality observance, plant health, sizing requirements, working systems and production outputs as required.
- Respect and follow stock control systems in place to provide accurate figures within the system
- Prepare, handle and process plants for despatch within the guidelines given
- Help the Company to protect the health of yourself and others
- If specific role requires, mentor, train and supervise others
- Be prepared to transfer and assist all other parts of the business as required
We have three new apprenticeship positions available; if you think a Horticulture apprenticeship would interest you, then please click the button below and apply via the .gov website.
For any questions, please contact our Head of Production at email@example.com
Full-time, permanent role
To assist the Head of Production in all aspects of nursery processes across all sites. To help in quality and environmental management, Health & Safety management and crop production, planning and record keeping. This involves some work outside and office-based projects, production of stock information as required by other internal departments and customers.
projects, production of stock information as required by other internal departments and customers.
Roles & Duties
Learn within your own processes plant recognition, quality observance, plant health, sizing requirements, working systems and production outputs as required.
General administrative functions for all nurseries.
Undertake duties which require specific skills if trained to do so, to include but not limited to the following:
Maintain accurate production records, including sowing, potting, and planting figures.
Maintain and update accurate stock figures by following stock control systems in place. Carry out and assist all three sites with yearly stocktakes.
Maintain up to date pesticide/fertiliser application and legislation records.
Microsoft Office experience is essential. Full training for the role will be provided.
Application deadline: 31/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£19,500.00 per year
Tel: +44 (0) 1507 525000